Weeds: An Organic, Earth-friendly Guide to Their Identification, Use and Control from Earth-friendly Books, is now available in paperback direct from the author.
At a time when garden weedkillers such as glyphosate are under increasing scrutiny (its residues are now regularly found in our food and our urine), Weeds is a timely, hands-on guide to tackling unwanted plants in non-polluting ways that are gentler on our natural world.
Weeds is illustrated throughout with over 100 full colour photographs. It will quickly become an essential and timeless go-to reference for every gardeners bookshelf.
On the pages of Weeds you will find…
• INFORMATION on how different weeds grow, spread and survive, and what they can actually tell you about your garden or allotment
• TIPS for using weeds to improve the fertility of your garden, feed your plants and encourage wildlife such as bees and other pollinators
• PRACTICAL, HANDS-ON TECHNIQUES for preventing, clearing and curtailing weeds without using chemical weedkillers (herbicides)
• A COLOUR-CODED PHOTOGRAPHIC DIRECTORY (shown right) to help you identify 60 common garden weeds, showing at a glance how easy, difficult or urgent dealing with each one is
• LISTS of insect-friendly plants for ‘bug banks’, and those for weed-smothering ground cover
• ADVICE on clearing weedy ground without doing any back-breaking digging