This year is proving to be ideal for the spread of ‘late blight’ (Phytophthora infestans) on both potatoes and tomatoes. Come and hear how the Sárvári Research Trust is collaborating with Bangor University and Pro-Veg Seeds Ltd to combat this disease.
10 am: Arrive and coffee
10.30 am: Start
– An update on late blight in UK and how Phytophthora infestans is evolving
– Latest news of how our blight-resistant Sárpo varieties are performing
– Growing certified seed of Sárpo potato varieties in North Wales
– SPUDS: A community-based Sárpo-growing project in Ireland
– Early blight of potato – a disease on the increase?
We are pleased to offer another of our potato-themed lunches, sponsored by Pro-Veg Seeds Ltd and Thompson and Morgan Ltd. The wide variety of dishes feature our Sárpo potatoes. As usual, we will serve Sárpo chips with everything, and the local Jones o Gymru crisps.
2 pm: Afternoon session
– Late blight of tomato: breeding for blight resistance
– Demonstration of outdoor and tunnel-grown tomatoes
4 pm: Finish
Use exit 13 from A55 and follow the signs.
All are welcome at this event. Please tell us if you will attend, email@example.com or tel 01248 364260/07906 710704.
Dr David Shaw, Director of Research; Simon White, Trials & Seed Manager